EPDM AND TPE SURFACES – HIGH QUALITY COATINGS
EPDM, TPE, PP – TOOLPROOF PERFECT SURFACES!
SURCO is the trade name for a high-quality surface coating for rubber, TPE and plastic molds. The technology enables individual surface structures and also offers improvements for the injection process.
The roughness of the structures ranges from Ra 0.10 μm to 9 μm (see VDI 15-39). Sample plates are available from us in various materials such as EPDM, TPE or PP. The gloss level can be adjusted according to customer requirements. Due to the positive effects on the flowability of the material and the easier demoulding of the articles, the SURCO technique is often used for optical reasons as well as for functional reasons.
SURCO SURFACES – FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Tested and approved for automotive applications for years
- Gloss level can be adjusted
- 10% increase in surface hardness
- increase in corrosion resistance
- Extended tool life Improved resistance to thermal and mechanical wear
- Less pollution due to elimination of microcracks and undercuts
- Easy to clean with a laser or dry ice system
- Reduction of friction between spray material and steel
- Less sticking, better mold release
- Improved flow behavior
- Shorter cycle times
LONG-TERM GOOD SURFACES
Depending on material, injection point and customer tolerance, a SURCO treatment can last up to 100,000 cycles without being renewed. Send us your molds or inserts or we will visit you in your company with the SURCO Truck for “in-house” treatment (recommended if several large tools are to be coated at the same time).